Vehicle Data Bus Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Experience Required: 4-6 years
Sr Director Field Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Vehicle Data Bus Expert to join our fast-growing technology team. This role requires telematics/vehicle data bus development and test engineer experience. The Vehicle Data Engineer will work closely with engineers, product managers, field service/support and account managers to resolve issues and improve the product’s vision. There focus will be on various vehicle’s OBDII and J1939 CAN Bus Data Networks.
Objectives & Key Results
- Assists with development and testing of all CAN-related activities.
- Provides regular status reports to management.
- Troubleshoots problems and issues with all classes of vehicles from passenger vehicles to commercial vehicles (Class 1-8 style vehicles)
- Helps develop and maintain documentation.
- Makes recommendations and communicates closely with Engineering
- Validates and approves the release of new updated software
- Captures and Analyze CAN data logs and validates data, proper ECM communications using various 3rd party data capturing products, such as ‘Vehicle Spy 3 Pro’ and provide recommendations when needed.
- Capture, catalog, and maintain a library of Data Bus logs for various vehicle types
- Develop various testing procedures for internal and external customers
- Assist in supporting various Data Bus related items such as Driver Performance Monitoring, Critical Event Detection, and other general vehicle data parameters and may include reverse engineering various J1939/OBDII items.
- 4-6 years’ experience developing, analyzing, troubleshooting, and working with commercial & passenger vehicle telematics (CAN Bus Protocols – J1939 and OBDII)
- Experience with reverse engineering data bus items (like Throttle Position/Odometer on OBDII)
- Vehicle Simulator Experience (Vector CANalyzer, AU Simulators, Intrepid Vehicle Spy Pro)
- Knowledge and experience of proper wiring and cable routing techniques (for training purposes)
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix is required
- Ability to write and update test scripts
- Debugging/Problem solving skills/experience
- Vehicle electrical system knowledge
- Ability to write python scripts or other scripting experience
- Familiarity with all J1939 and OBDII standards for the physical and vehicle application layer.
- Ability to work independently in the field
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work directly with customers
- Embedded System development experience, working with Hardware, Development, Test & QA
- Good technical foundation with the ability to pick up new skills and adapt quickly
- Desire to learn new technologies while supporting existing products
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees, management, and outside representatives.
- Some travel required.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. Netradyne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
Netradyne is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.