Geospatial Pipeline Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Experience Required: 5+ years
Principal Research Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Geospatial Pipeline Software Engineer to join our fast-growing technology team. This role requires ownership of the following:
- Driving and implementing continuous improvements to the mapping product.
- Develop quality metrics and tests to monitor the performance of the code.
- Troubleshoot quality issues and deploy software fixes.
- Help create documentation and release material.
Objectives & Key Results
- A passion for programming, remote sensing and mapping / cartography.
- Knowledge of computer vision, imaging sensors, INS and GNSS.
- Extensive experience leveraging scientific computing using Python / Embedded C/ C++ in a Linux environment.
- Practical experience in coding a mapping or a GIS product.
- Hands-on, can-do attitude, great interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate effectively.
- Practical experience in solving problems by exploiting large cloud-based datasets.
- Solid graduate-level Statistics, Linear Algebra and Computer Vision foundation.
- BS or higher in an Electrical Engineering, Surveying Engineering, Geospatial/Geomatics Engineering, or other relevant scientific/engineering field.
- Excellent English language proficiency.
- 5+ years remote sensing experience + proven track record of geospatial software development.
- Experience working with open-source geospatial software.
- Solid background in image processing and statistics.
- MS/PhD in a relevant scientific/engineering field.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. Netradyne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
Netradyne is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.