Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintenance, tuning, and administration of multiple production, staging, and testing database systems.
- Responsible for setting up replication, and failover.
- Responsible for backups, partitioning, and other maintenance activities.
- Responsible for upgrading live production database systems.
- Responsible for upgrading capacity planning and forecasting.
- Responsible for performance tuning, and security auditing.
- Responsible for reviewing and reporting database health, and proactively identify issues with system.
- Will advise development, and analytics teams on optimised use of SQL, and relational data modelling.
- Will advise on evaluation and selection of alternative technologies for increased data loads.
- Will be part of team responsible for uptime and monitoring of production systems, focussing on the database layer.
- Strong hands-on experience of 2-4 years installing, tuning, maintaining, and troubleshooting large scale PostgreSQL systems is a must.
- Experience with dealing with Terabyte scale databases is required.
- Strong system-administration, and scripting (shell, Python) skills is required.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with cloud-based PostgreSQL systems (on AWS, Azure, etc.) would be a plus.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with NoSQL databases (like, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.) would be a plus.
Qualifications And Education Requirements
BTECH/MTECH in a related field.